What is a RuneScape bot?
For those of you who are new to botting, possibly even RuneScape, welcome to the community! Though, you're probably wondering, "What on earth is a RuneScape bot?". Well, a RuneScape bot is a tool in which some players choose to use to enable them to do a particular action in RuneScape without their input.
It may sound pretty pointless at first, why would you not want to play the game yourself right? However, there are actually many reasons why people choose to use a bot.
Advantages Botting On OldSchool Rs
- The game is relatively new, so you can still catch people on the high scores and aim for those 99's and even 200m xp if you're really daring!
- You can bot the first levels on your account really quickly so you don't have the chore of doing them again.
- The economy is good at the minute. There aren't hundreds of people with billions and everyone else with nothing. You can make money with items and training.
- You can train your stats and you don't need to be at the computer. This means you can bot when you're asleep and you can leave the house instead of needing to get your skills higher!
- You can get a bot to do dubious tasks like running to the bank. This means if you are doing a skill such as Runecrafting, the bot can run to the bank, exchange the items gained and needed, and then run back and repeat the process!
Disadvantages Botting On OldSchool Rs
- Some players look down upon it and claim it harms the game play. It is somewhat frowned upon even with the large numbers doing it.
- It is against the RuneScape rules and your account, if caught, can get suspended or permanently banned.
- If you bot to much you could miss out on a lot of the game play that RuneScape has to offer. Once your stats are maxed, you can't put those stats back down without starting a new account.
- While the bot is playing the game, you can't. So although it may be quicker and more accurate than you, it's very boring to watch.
- Bots do break. They are programs and mostly released for free. Although updates come out to fix them, RuneScape is constantly updating their system to fight against bots.
Power Leveling Bots on OldSchool RuneScape
Power leveling allows you to gain a vast amount of levels quickly. Although you initially make no money, as you'll be dropping the items acquired, you save a lot of time by not having to go to the bank. As mentioned, you make no money whilst getting through the levels but you will make a lot of money when you are one of the first high levels providing the items needed the most by the economy to gain popular skills.
Banking Bots on OldSchool RuneScape
Banking bots allow you to gain the levels you wish in a selected skill whilst banking the items you gain from doing so. This is slower than power leveling but allows you to make money from the get go and you can still do it whilst you are away. You do not have to sell all the items you acquire and instead of using them for money you can use them to further enhance the level of your other stats rather than buying the raw materials needed later on.
A New Era Of Botting With Old School RuneScape
Now you know what a bot actually is and have a little more insight about it, I'll tell you why there's such a fuss about an Old School RuneScape Bot. With the release of Old School RuneScape people have a chance to make an impact. Everyone has to start again. All the levels are reset and no one is stupidly rich.
With Old School RuneScape Bots being released now, people can start to play the game how they want, from the levels they want to be. They can skip starting again and going through that hassle. They can make money from doing skills as people need the raw materials again. This kind of economy will last a while but not forever.
The fact is whether you bot Old School RuneScape or not, someone will be. The game play is going to be affected at some point. The choice is play by the rules and you may get left behind, or use a bot to keep up with the game and have some fun and risk being banned.